“Today, a man’s pride in his Scottish heritage is often asserted by wearing a kilt made of his clan tartan—a fabric woven with the specific plaid pattern that is claimed by his family. You might assume with kilts being such an important piece of Scottish tradition that the clan tartans are several millennia old, or at least go back to the Medieval Period. But you would be wrong.“
- Lisa Hix, “True Kilts: Debunking the Myths About Highlanders and Clan Tartans“, Collectors Weekly (Nov. 15, 2017).
- Collectors Weekly, True Kilts: Debunking Myths About Highlanders and Clan Tartans, YouTube (July 10, 2018).
Did you already know this? Most aficionados do; other people don’t.
- KT the Kiltman, “everydaykt 16 – what tartan can i wear?“, YouTube (Dec. 22, 2016).
- USA Kilts & Celtic Traditions, “Are Kilts Becoming More Popular?”, YouTube (Feb. 15, 2019).
- USA Kilts & Celtic Traditions, “Outlander Tartans – The Truth“, YouTube (Nov. 6, 2018).
Revised to add links.